Thursday 19 November 2015

Just Added to My Genealogy Wish List - Silesia Map Guides

I came across this new & promising resource while I was catching up on my blog reading - Volume 53 of the Map Guide to German Parish Registers: Kingdom of Prussia, Province of Silesia, RB Liegnitz. I have several Lutheran ancestors from this area &, not really knowing how to proceed with my research, I could definitely use a helpful resource.

According to the publishers, this book:

  • Identifies the parish where an ancestor worshipped based on where they lived
  • Gives the FHL microfilm number for the family’s parish records
  • Identifies nearly every city, town, and place that included residents
  • Visually identifies church parishes for Lutherans & Catholics in each district
  • Identifies adjoining parishes in case an ancestor attended an alternate parish
  • Aids in area searches, particularly across district or regional borders
  • Provides visual identification of search areas in which to look for a family
  • Helps in determining proximity of one area to another
  • Aids in determining reasonable distances of travel from one area to another
  • Identifies population centres in each parish
  • Identifies archives, repositories, and other resources
  • Aids in identification of the location of minority religions

Definitely on my wish list!


No comments:

Post a Comment