Monday 6 January 2014

Accepting the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge

I am taking up the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge set by Amy Johnson Crow on her No Story Too Small blog.

The challenge: have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor.

I’m a new blogger & have been collecting ideas for blog prompts.  Taking part in this challenge will give me plenty of blog post ideas for the year and will make me take a deeper look at some of the people in my family tree.  Organising information into some kind of narrative in this way will highlight what I already know about an ancestor & what I still need to find out.

If you want to join in too, go to Amy’s 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks article & add your name in the comments with a link to your blog.  Make sure your blog posts’ title includes the challenge.  Amy suggests something like “52 Ancestors: #1 Adah Young Johnson.

Amy will also be posting a weekly recap on her blog with links to challenge posts.

Like some other bloggers, I have also spent the last few hours reading the blogs of some of the participants.  I have found some great new blogs.  Thanks for this challenge, Amy!

Now, who will I start with . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment